3.29.2009

Handy Handkerchiefs


Looky looky what we scored on the weekend. My awesome mother-in-law came through big time and gave us a collection of old handkerchiefs. They're purdy too, see? Now that allergy season is upon us, we can start honking into these babies. I like imagining C at school, whipping out one of the daintily embroidered ones from his pocket. I know the kids will pounce right on that.

So now that you know that Kleenex is out, I'm sure you're curious about Kleenex's rough, uncouth cousin who comes on a roll.

Yeah, no.

While we gave the old left hand/bucket of water a shot in our travels in Indonesia, I think we'll keep the t.p. around. Especially since we're in the midst of potty training. Teaching a toddler to wipe with his hand is just asking for trouble.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

what you gonna do about your period???
i think christopher smells like my socks, get him deodorant...

very interesting

jess dan

Frugal Rock said...

Funny you mention socks. That's what I'm using! I kid, I kid. I have two options: cloth pads, the "keeper". When I run out of my current stock it will be time to choose...

Anonymous said...

No 'take-out' you say. Will you eat 'take-out' if you are at someone elses house and they buy it?

Frugal Rock said...

Oooh, a hypothetical. Navigating the grey areas will certainly be part of the challenge and we'll have to address these things as they come up.

The reason we are encouraging friends and family to read this blog is because we can't do it alone. We will need their support, understanding, and guidance. Certainly they do not have to agree with us, but we hope people at least respect our choice to follow through with this.

Having said that, we are not striving for perfection. The point of this challenge is to learn something through the efforts we put forth and the dialogue it inspires. We would be foolish to be so rigid and narrow in carrying out our goal that we hurt someone's feelings, or alienate the people in our lives.

God, I'm long winded. I guess in answer to your question, yeah, I'd probably eat the take out at somebody else's house.

Frugal Rock said...

P.S. When are you inviting me over for dinner?

Anonymous said...

You are always welcome at this house. Just let me know when you are coming and say you intent to stay for a meal.

MnL